Please be advised that COVID-19 may have been present in our 2501 Mount Vernon Avenue branch in Bakersfield between the dates of Thursday, June 25 and Friday, June 26. Bank of the Sierra has taken extensive steps to ensure the safety of our customers and employees. For more details, please click here.
Thank you for your patience during this challenging time. We appreciate our customers who have graciously discovered new ways to bank due to this unique situation. Your choice to bank with us is appreciated and we will never take it for granted.
We are currently reviewing state, county, and city regulations as we plan when and how to reopen branch lobbies. Those plans include several steps that will be taken with customer and employee safety in mind.
- Only a limited number of people will be allowed inside a lobby at any one time. These occupancy limits will vary by branch.
- Social distancing stickers will be placed on lobby floors to help you maintain a six-foot distance from others inside the lobby.
- All employees will be wearing face masks for your safety. Due to a recent state order, the wearing of masks in public areas is required with limited exceptions. We will have masks available if you want to use one.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available for your use inside each lobby.
- High-use areas will be cleaned frequently.
As always, drive-through and walk-up windows, online and mobile banking, and ATMs will remain available for your banking needs.
For our business customers, if you need to speak with a bank representative in person once your local branch lobby reopens, please call our Customer Service Center at 1-888-454-BANK to schedule an appointment.
Thank you for choosing Bank of the Sierra. We can – and we will – get through this together.
- You can use online banking 24/7 to check your balance, pay your bills, read your statements, transfer funds, and more. You can also use our free mobile banking app to manage your accounts, deposit checks, and more, right from your phone. Sierra Telebanking is also available at 1-888-307-3772. And, it’s easy to get cash and complete a variety of banking transactions at one of our more than 55,000 surcharge-free Allpoint ATMs. Here’s where you can find an ATM near you.
- While we are not currently accepting applications for PPP loan forgiveness, we will soon offer a user-friendly online portal where businesses that received a PPP loan from Bank of the Sierra can apply for forgiveness. We will provide additional details when our loan forgiveness application is available.
- Congress recently extended the Paycheck Protection Program to give eligible businesses more time to apply. To apply for a PPP loan at Bank of the Sierra, please submit your application by August 7, 2020.